There are many reasons to integrate chiro, physio and massage into your active lifestyle. Some of these may include:
- Picking up your kids, grandkids, or fur babies
- Staying injury free in CrossFit, HITT classes, yoga, rock climbing, mountain biking, intramural sport and many more
- Preventing repetitive strain injuries or work-related day strain i.e. the dreaded desk worker
- Preparing for a surgery and recovering fully after surgery to get back to your favourite activities
- Getting back to a regular gym routine or starting a new routine
- Rehabilitating a joint sprain/muscle strain to get back to sport safely
- Running a 10km, half marathon, marathon, iron man
- Keeping your body moving well through life so you can move freely without pain
- Becoming a better mover and unlocking the most potential from your body
- If it’s a new injury or pain experience that you are having and it’s your first time seeing a health care professional about this new injury/issue then we would advise you to be seen initially by either our chiropractor or physiotherapist to have a thorough assessment of your injury before deciding on the most appropriate treatment plan going forward.
- We are more than happy to accommodate any preferences you may have to see a specific clinician, subject to their availability.
- The Function101 team is comprised of skilled therapists who all treat similarly.
- Our goal is to have you in as soon as possible so that we can help you get back to the things that you love to do
- Chiropractic and physiotherapy treatments may include a combination of the following treatment options: soft tissue therapy, joint manipulations/mobilizations, acupuncture/dry needling, rehabilitation exercises and strength + conditioning.
- For more information, feel free to read more under our services.
- Your chiropractor or physiotherapist will be more than happy to discuss these treatment options with you and together we can decide what is most suitable for you.
- One-on-one client centred care; our therapists take their time to listen to your story, fully assess your injury, explain the findings, and work individually with each and every client to determine the best plan of care
- 1800 square foot boutique style clinic with 5 private treatment rooms and an open concept gym space which allows each client to feel comfortable working one-on-one with their therapist
- Evidence informed; we strive to incorporate the most current and up-to-date research regarding chiropractic care, physiotherapy and massage therapy into our daily practice. We are always learning, taking continuing education courses and holding monthly mentoring sessions to regularly update our skillset and stay current
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment when you visit Function101. You will be greeted by someone from our patient experience team and asked to fill out an intake form.
- Alternatively, you can make an account on Jane and fill out your intake, which is our online booking app.
- Wearing loose-fitting clothing such as track pants, yoga pants, shorts, tank tops and/or t-shirt is preferable to ensure any areas to be examined are accessible to your therapist.
- Bring any relevant imaging (x-rays, MRI, ultrasound, etc.) or notes from your doctor.
- No, you do not need a doctor’s note to be assessed and treated by a chiropractor, physiotherapist or massage therapist. We are primary health care providers and as such you do not require a referral to receive treatment – you can book an appointment anytime! However, some extended health benefit plans may require a doctor’s referral for the reimbursement of our services. If you are unsure, we suggest that you clarify with your insurance provider.
Payment is due following each treatment and your balance may be paid by direct billing, e-transfer, or Visa/Mastercard. We offer direct billing on your behalf with several major insurance companies. If you wish to use our direct billing services, please bring your extended health benefits card. If your provider covers a certain percentage of your treatment, you will be required to pay the remaining balance. Feel free to contact us for details.
- No, Function101 does not currently provide OHIP services because we are a private practice clinic. OHIP Physiotherapy is only provided at designated clinics. Please refer to the College of Physiotherapists or College of Chiropractors of Ontario for a list of designated OHIP funded clinics in Ontario.
Do you accept auto insurance claims for injuries sustained during motor vehicle accidents (MVA) or Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims?
- No, we do not accept MVA or WSIB claims at this time.
- Online – Book an Appointment
- Phone – (905) 525-0101
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Function101 Chiro + Physio is located at 101 Locke Street South, Unit 2
- We are easily accessible by walking, bike, transit (#1, 5, 7, or 10 bus) and car, with ample public/metered parking available in the area.
- Inexpensive paid parking is available directly in front of our clinic on Locke Street (free before 8am and after 6pm)
- Free parking is often available on nearby Canada St. and Jackson St, or the other residential side streets running off Locke.
- Monday: 7:30am – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 7:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am – 4 pm
- We’re here to help! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments to help us improve your experience. To get in touch, please contact our co-owners, Dr. Eric Nelson (email@example.com) and Samantha Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Professional Associations and Colleges
- Ontario Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario
- Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapists
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
Sign up below to receive the latest news from the Function101 team!